We attended two thanksgivings last week. One for lunch with my husband’s family and dinner with my side of the family…yes, I’m very thankful they all live in the same state, double fun! I was asked to bring something to the lunch and then decided to make double..Double Pumpkin Cheesecakes. Much easier for me to make two of the same thing until I realized while making the first one that a few people on my husband’s side don’t eat eggs!!!!!!!!! So I improvised since I didn’t want to make a another mad dash for the grocery store which was already flooded with last-minute chefs.
This is after the massacre!
Here is recipe:
Double Pumpkin Cheesecake (no eggs)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (9 inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground pumpkin spice
- 1 package frozen whipped topping, thawed
Optional: chocolate topping, caramel sauce, pecans.
I took the graham cracker crust and crumbled it in my pretty green pie plate and baked it for 6-9 minutes like it said on the packaging. Then let it cool.
In the meantime, I took two packets of 8 oz cream cheese (softened) with half cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract and whipped that until smooth. Spread half of the mixture in the bottom of the pan.
2. Add pumpkin puree and half of the thawed whipped topping to the remainder of the mixture along with one teaspoon pumpkin spice (or you can do less if you like) and mix well. Take the mixture and spread in pan. You now have two layers!
3. Now it’s time to add some yummy color…I drizzled melted chocolate topping and caramel topping on top of the pie. I added a few pecans on top and piped some whipped cream on top to make it look pretty. Lastly, I put it in the freezer overnight (3-4 hours would do it also). Thaw at least 30 minutes before serving and enjoy! It was so delicious, you honestly don’t miss the eggs at all!