The last issue of Martha Stewart had a simple yet delicious recipe for a summer salad. I was eager to use fresh basil from my garden..so I knew I just had to try it! It was refreshing and took only minutes to make! It would be great for a BBQ!
Here is the recipe via Martha Stewart
Peaches, Basil, and Red OnionSweet peaches and piquant red onion come together to make a savory fruit salad.
- Yield Serves 4
- 3 peaches, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh basil (leaves torn if large)
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss peaches with red onion, basil, lemon juice, salt, and some pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.